Sunday, October 14, 2012

Wow, it's been a long time.

Well it looks like it's been over a year and a half since I lost blogged.  That is crazy and unacceptable.  Like everyone always says, I'm going to do better... I'm going to update more.  Well let's see how that goes!

So much has happened since I last blogged that needs to be documented.  Nick and I welcomed our second child, Emerson Louise, into this world just before Christmas last year.  She is now 9 months old and a complete joy.  Her big brother, Caden, absolutely adores her.  He couldn't be more in love with his sister if he tried!

Since having two kids, our lives have been totally crazy.  While on maternity leave, things changed for me a bit career wise and I am on the road a lot more now.  Though I wouldn't change it for the world because I love what I do, it has been extremely challenging.  At times I think I've figured the "balance" out between work and family.  At other times, not so much.  It can be extremely overwhelming but oh so gratifying at the same time.  I love having the best of both worlds.

Nick's work has been extremely busy as well and while we're so extremely thankful for having busy work lives, we're just doing all that we can to make it all work.  Our family is our priority and I think we do a great job of making sure that we spend the most amount of time with the kids that we can.  The kids go to Daycare/Preschool 5 days a week.  Thankfully, they love it and it works well for us.  Our families are such a huge help for us and we're extremely thankful for that.  We couldn't do it without them.

Updates on Caden - He is now 3.5 years old, he has the most energy of any child I know, and he is the happiest little boy.  He started playing soccer this fall and he LOVES it.  And he's actually really good if I do say so myself : )  Proud mama here.

Emerson is 9.5 months old.  She is EVERYWHERE!  She is starting to stand on her own some, of course crawling all over the place and is into everything.  She is such a sweet, sweet baby and is smiling all. the. time.  She sleeps great, eats great.  Not a complaint in the world - we have truly been blessed with fantastic babies!

We.  Are.  Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment